Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
We decided to take Marketing Family pictures for Christmas. Here is just a taste of the awesomeness. I am amazed we could all sort of pull of the serious look. Do you think I should become a model? I tried to "smize" like Tyra tells all of the top models...smiling with your eyes...
Thursday, December 2, 2010
It has been 2 years and I still get homesick for Jerusalem. Incredible, but true. I would go home any day of the week if I could. Any single day of my life. So if anyone wants to pay for me to go back, I promise that I will accept gracefully :) Click here for the video made for our semester by my friend Tim. It's the best place in the whole world. I will always cherish those memories, and hopefully one day I will be able to go and visit again!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Every time I go to a good musical I remember again how much I absolutely LOVE seeing them. There is nothing better than fun, beautiful, and touching music to make a play even better.
In the last month I have seen 2 amazing shows, both at Hale Theater. The first was "110 in the Shade" at the Orem Hale Theater with Audra McDonald.
This woman is an incredible performer. The entire show I was just watching in awe at how focused and yet effortless her performance really was. I tried the whole time to just observe and try to learn how I could be better in my performing skills. If I was half as talented as she was, I would be seriously set for life. The show was extremely well done, also featuring the father from "Saturday's Warrior". Surprisingly, he was my 2nd favorite actor after Audra. Who knew beneath all that cheese there was an actually good actor?
The 2nd Show I saw was "The Wedding Singer" at Hale Theater in Salt Lake and it was one of the most fun shows that I have ever seen.
The 2 leads were absolutely incredible. It's shows like this that make me want to be in shows all the time! One day, I'll make it happen :)
Saturday, June 5, 2010
Today I was at the Park City Outlets and I was able to go in and see a BOSE demonstration. I was amazed at the technology. I now think I will never be satisfied with anything else ever again. I entered to win a system and I really hope that I win!! Now that I know what sound can be, the question is, can I ever be fully satisfied with normal movie or music sound?
Friday, June 4, 2010
- Sunscreen does not actually help prevent skin cancer, it only prevents burning
- When rubbing a baby's stomach, make sure to start on the right side and go left, otherwise you may cause them stomach pain
- There are advertisements pasted all over pacemakers, which is strange since they are put inside of you and no one ever sees them
- A heart murmer is a hole that we all have in our hearts as fetus' that doesn't quite close all the way when we take our first breath like it's supposed to
- When your nose runs while crying, it's just tears coming out of your nose
- When someone goes bald they're not actually losing hair, their hair is just changing from one type of hair to another
- Never be around kitty litter when pregnant, it can cause birth defects or miscarriage
- Being hydrated prevents: your brain falling onto the sharp parts inside of your skull, your kidneys failing, and kidney stones.
- When you hear a noise in the dark, don't turn to look at it, you will blind yourself. The only part of your vision that can see in the dark is your peripheral vision.
Favorite Anatomy Words:
- Epiploic Appendages
- Tibial Tuberosity
- Tenia Coli
- Corrugator supercilii
- Tensor Fasciae Latae
- Cerebellar Peduncles
- Trabeculae Carne
- Tunica Albuginea
- Chordae Tendinae