Monday, March 7, 2011

Flashback to the 80s


Last weekend, our ward paid for all of us to go to Classic Skating. And the best part? It was 80s themed! Lucky for me and Mallory, our friend Emily happens to have accumulated a whole lot of 80s clothing over the years. Why? We have no idea, and neither does she, but we were very appreciative :)


The night was a lot of fun, but it got me thinking about all that I missed not having lived through the 80s. Don't get me wrong, the 90s were great as well, but being born in '89, I really didn't get to experience the 80s. Here are the things that I think I would have liked the most:




The awesome make-up. I so would have worn bright red lipstick all the time.






The huge hair! As you can see from above, I was meant for large hair.


The sick awesome work out clothes.



The giant socks that everyone wore with sneakers.



Men with hairstyles like this:




The ability to mix and match any colors and it works, including the denim with denim below.

And last but definitely not least, the cheesy, but classic, music videos:

And this one, not really from the 80s, but is just as awesome:

No comments: