Monday, January 23, 2012

Insight

Today is a day that I have had a lot of time and opportunity to really internally analyze who I am and what I am doing here on this earth. I have become even more aware of my weaknesses and at the same time more determined to overcome them. I have a goal this year to read the Book of Mormon 3 times through, and so far I have been slowly going through. Today, I read about 5 or 6 chapters in Nephi, and can I just say how much I love the scriptures? They bring peace to my heart and joy to my soul. Today has not been the easiest day, but having that spirit from the scriptures allowed me to have the opportunity to feel the Lord's love in my life, despite the challenges that come my way.

Life is not easy, and I don't know about you, but I often times make it much harder than it needs to be without realizing it. Sometimes we just need to get out of our own ways and our own heads. I over analyze everything aaaallllll the time.

Yesterday at church, there was a comment made in Relief Society that has really stuck with me: "Progress. That is what distinguishes us from others without religion. Our church is all about progression." I forget this far more often than I should. I want to be perfect now, I want to have answers now, but sadly, that's not how it works.

A wise friend of mine said today, "you've got to put in a lot of necessary work before the answer comes". Makes sense right? "The Lord can't move a parked car", we have to first study and work for the answers before they are given. I am grateful that we even have the opportunity to receive personal revelation, even if it does take lots of work to earn that blessing. 1 Ne 10:19 "For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them."

This is kind of an all-over-the-place post, but it's just some thoughts that I have had today that I wanted to put out into the universe. It has been a very enlightening and gratitude for the gospel day.

No comments: