Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Travel Itch

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am dying to travel the whole world multiple times over. I have been lucky enough to travel a few times, but I have a whole list of places that I am still dying to go, and I would also gladly go and revisit the places I have already been. Today, I am having one of those days that I wish I could win the lottery so that I would have money to go and travel wherever I wanted.

Here is my list of places I am currently wanting to go (in no particular order):

MOZAMBIQUE



I have wanted to go and do humanitarian aid in Africa for years, and this week the urge is even greater!! There is a great organization called Care for Life, and if everything plays out the way I would like it to, I will be going to Mozambique with them next summer for 3 weeks :)

THAILAND



I think Thailand sounds beautiful and fascinating. It is a culture soooo different from the United States and I think it would be an awesome adventure to go. I also have a dream to ride an elephant, which could be accomplished here! It could also be accomplished in the next place on my list.

INDIA



Maybe I have watched too many Bollywood movies, but I think India would be the coolest place to visit!!! I love Indian food, I think that their culture is beautiful, and I think I would definitely buy an authentic Indian outfit there because I think they are so beautiful.

IRELAND



Why? Have you ever seen PS I Love You? It makes Ireland look so romantic and beautiful. I think it would be a fun place to stay for a few days, get to know the people, go to a pub (not to drink of course, sheesh) and soak in the culture!

GREECE



After seeing this picture, do I really need to say anymore? My dream is actually a Mediterranean Cruise because it would hit so many beautiful places.

FLORENCE, ITALY



I have been to Venice, and I loved it so much. I have always had a fascination with Italy in general, but I think that I would love to go to Florence most of all. It used to be that Pompeii was my number one spot, but honestly, as awesome as it sounds, I would rather see the beauty of Florence.



*sigh....well, maybe one day my dreams will come true

2 comments:

Mikael Squire said...

My travel list is pretty identical to yours! Wanna be my travel buddy again?

Dave and Angela said...

Very yes I do!! I would love that so so much! Let's go....tomorrow, yes?