Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Car Accidents

This last year, I have realized how many tragic car accidents there are on an every day basis, and it has become something that I worry about all the time.

I lost my best friend Vanessa in a car crash, some of our good family friends had a son in a terrible car accident, but so far he is slowly recovering, and a woman at my work lost her brother last night in a car accident.

I know that accidents do happen, and that sometimes there really was nothing that could have been done to prevent it, but can I beg everyone who reads this to be so careful. Please. I love you all and I don't want anything to happen to you. Also have your friends and family be aware of just how deadly it can be. It terrifies me that I will lose someone else that I love dearly because of the recklessness of the other people on the road.

Don't take those you love for granted. Take advantage of every moment with with. Tell and show them how much you love them.

I know that we are so lucky to have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation, and I believe it with all of my heart. I know that we can live with those that we love again and that this life really is a short time in our existence. That doesn't change how painful it is to lose those we are closest to. There is always that pang of sadness that comes out when we see or hear or taste something that reminds us of them.

So remember that next time you're on the road. Please, drive safe.

1 comment:

Tracy Pierre said...

Thank you for your gentle and kind words of advice, Angela. However, even if we take extra precautions while driving, we can never tell when these accidents will happen. All we have to do is to prepare ourselves, and always be prepared for the unexpected.