Monday, February 27, 2012

Talent Shows

I have decided that I strongly-dislike talent shows. I don't necessarily mind watching them, I just hate the pressure that comes with participating. When people know that you sing, they say, "Hey! You should do something!" and you say, "I don't have anything ready to perform, or an accompanist" and they say, "who cares?!" Well, the people watching, and more importantly, I do.

It is stressful trying to find someone to play or pick a song that you won't need someone to play for you. Also, I have mostly sung classical songs which I do not want to do for the talent show.

There is far too much pressure for ward talent shows, and I for one do not appreciate it.

2 comments:

A Mitton said...

Amen.

When we live in the same place again, I'll be your accompanist.

Dave and Angela said...

You mean when we live in Jerusalem together? Deal.