Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Nanny Diaries

Nannying this summer has been very different then I expected! It has been a great experience but also very hard. In addition to being the nanny I am also the maid. I don't mean to say that in a negative connotation, that's just the way things have been this summer. I do the laundry, do the dishes, dust the floor, get rid of the fingerprints on the glass, change the sheets, iron, and many other cleaning responsibilities. It's a lot of hard work, but I really don't mind most of the time! Especially since I'm getting paid pretty well :) The oldest, Jacob, is 12 and literally never around. He is golfing all day everyday! If he's not in a competition he is at the driving range or playing 24 holes. I am kind of glad that he is gone because he is a pretty contentious child when he's around. He's not very nice to his brothers, me, or even his mom! So to have him play golf all the time is just the way I like it! It sure makes my job a whole lot easier! Here are some pictures of some of the activities that we have done this summer:

Andrew (7) and David (10) bought some pet fish! They lasted about a week...




We went bowling and the boys just had a hay-day with my camera and taking pictures!


Swimming at Willow Creek. This was my first time trying my camera underwater and it was awesome!
Left to right: Andrew (7), David (10), and their friend Ethan (10) that is basically always over at their house so I feel like he is one of the Turners :)

No comments: