Sunday, July 20, 2008

Watch out....

Two weeks ago I was at work and the boys and I decided to go and play tennis. We got all of their tennis gear together and we went and stopped by my house so that I could grab my gear too! We left the house and drove down Robidoux. We got to the Timmin's house and a car backed straight out of their driveway right in front of me and almost hit my car! I could tell that they hadn't seen me and I felt lucky that I had managed to somehow avoid being hit. I turned to the right to go down the street to Creek Road and the whole time I was kind of bugged that the car that was now in front of me had almost hit me! We both stopped at the stop sign and she started to turn left onto Creek and suddenly stopped! I looked and there was a car that had started turning from Creek onto the road that we were on and it had suddenly stopped as well. The car in front of me had obviously not seen this car coming and was embarrassed that it was now in the middle of the road and the car that wanted to turn onto our street was waiting for her to move forward. Instead of moving forward as I expected, she quickly backed up right into the front of my car! Now she had a big SUV and I was driving my little Plymouth Neon. Their car had a little scratch and the hood of my car was bent up. It didn't look too bad but it ended up costing quite a bit, which luckily they paid for very willingly. The kids that I had with me thought that it was so cool that we had been in a car crash and they kept repeating what I had said right after we had been hit. It was silent for a second and I said "Are you serious?". They thought that was pretty funny because I think they were expecting some 4 letter words of frustration. I'm really glad that I didn't swear so that they weren't repeating swear words all day!




How I felt about giving up my car for a week so that it could get fixed!

No comments: