Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Wisdom Teeth Saga


Three and a half weeks ago I got my wisdom teeth out! I had to get all 4 out, so if the next time you see me I'm not completely there mentally, I now can attribute it to the fact that I no longer have my wisdom teeth. After I came home dad told me that on my right side my top tooth was close to my sinus cavity so I was not allowed to sneeze, cough, or do anything that may lead to a hole in my sinus cavity!.....Now I'm not sure how I managed holding it all in, but I luckily I didn't sneeze or cough a hole into my face. By Monday the swelling had started to go down, but it came down in a lopsided fashion. The picture above is what my face looked like until the swelling went all the way down, although it became progressively better as it became less swollen.
I thought that I was in the clear until we went on our girls trip to Cedar City. My face had become a little swollen on the left side the day before we left and I was hoping that it had just been irritated from me swimming a lot the morning before. Of course not. It was even bigger the next day so we went to the doctor in Cedar City. I felt so awful that this was interfering on our trip! The doctor told me that I had an infection and sent me on my way with my amoxicillin. The medicine worked great and my mouth has been normal for a few days. Was it over? Not a chance! Yesterday the right side of my mouth started to hurt and so I had to get some more medication today. I really hope that this works and that I will have no more trouble from my wisdom teeth, or lack thereof.

No comments: