Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Jury Duty

At the young age of 21, I have already been summoned to Jury Duty. Believe me, I was as shocked as you are! That is what I get for registering to vote. When I told my dad, he immediately told me ways to get out of it. Because you can not be biased in anyway, his top picks were: act stupid, or act racist. Lucky for me I didn't have to do either one of those. I went, told them my life story, and they let me go after only 3 hours.

One thing that absolutely shocked me, was how many of the people there had only a high school education. In my world in my mind, I think that most people end up going to college. It's just what you do. You make it happen. I learned yesterday that my 'mind world' is definitely not reality.
Although I was a little bit disappointed that I didn't get chosen for jury duty, even though my dad assures me I am not missing out, I'm hoping that next time I can fulfill my civic duty and help someone have a fair trial, even though I'm sure that this is somewhat true:

Perk of jury duty: 40 dollars for the day and they reimburse you for your gas. Awesome.



1 comment:

Chelsee said...

You beat me to jury duty! I've never had to go!! Way to go Ang! :)