Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why I am not a swimmer

I'm sure many of you have thought over the years, why is Angela not a swimmer? That seems like a common question....or not. But in case you have ever wondered here is the answer. I did swim team one summer when I was 10, and it was fine. I enjoyed it. I mostly enjoyed it because Lauren Timmins and I were doing it together and we always walked together and would make hot chocolate and cinnamon french toast to eat after practice. Well, at the end of the summer there was an award ceremony. Now, I was not an extremely fast swimmer, and I knew that, but basically everyone got some kind of trophy. So as I anxiously awaited my trophy, they pulled out some plastic tug boats. Much like this:You guessed it. I got: the tugboat award. This meant that I just kept "chugging along" during the swim season. I was super embarrassed and super upset inside. I took my tugboat and decided I was done with swimming. Looking back it's hilarious. I mean, who gets a tugboat award ever for anything? Thinking about it, I am special! I got an award that very few will ever get. So thank you Willow Creek swim team. Thank you for the rare honor of the tugboat award. I will cherish the memory always. Even if I did throw away the actual tugboat...

1 comment:

Lauren Timmins said...

Wahoo! Thanks for the shout out! That was a fantastic year on swim team. It never was quite the same without you. If it makes you feel any better, I got most improved one year, which sounds cool, but when you think about it it's really just some sort of twisted backwards compliment(?). I loved being on the team with you- swimming aside, the cinnamon french toast was definitely what kept me going all those early mornings :) Love!